GENERAL SYNOPSIS: Emmy-Award winning Anchor & News Reporter; Public Relations Management Experience in a wide variety of sectors, including tech, banking, real estate and non-profit charity-focused events. Deadline driven leader with the ability to play well with others in extremely high-stress situations.
WordPress Website designer and extremely proficient in SEO (online reputation management). Writer, video editor and public speaker with vast media contacts in Los Angeles and Seattle, not to mention New Orleans, Memphis and Salt Lake City.
Produced and hosted shows through company Pet Bird Entertainment, LLC, that have aired in over 50 countries and domestically on the Travel Channel paid programming block.
PUBLIC RELATIONS/ONLINE SKILLS
- Apex-Award winning website designer
- Worked in conjunction with the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau to bring tourists back to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina
- Public Relations for Northwest International Bank. Included capital fundraising
- Expert SEO/Online Reputation management. Designed procedural program to create long-term success for positive online reputation building
- Web design of basic websites, including WordPress platforms
- SEO-focused writing, including blogs, press releases with keyword focused writing
- Vice President Media & Public Relations and Spokesperson, Morgan Drexen
- Google tracking/analytics, experience with Google AdWords & AdSense platforms
- Facebook posting/Twitter integration into a variety of online platforms, including Vocus/PR News, PR Newswire, Cision, Globenews Businesswire
- Primary News Anchor, KTVX-TV ABC 4, Salt Lake City, UT
- Weekend Morning News Anchor, Weekday Reporter, KABC-TV ABC7 Los Angeles, CA
- Weekend Evening News Anchor, Nightside Weekday Reporter, WWL-TV Channel 4, New Orleans, LA
- Weekend Evening News Anchor, Nightside Weekday Reporter & Primary Backup Anchor, WREG-TV, Memphis, TN
- Morning Business Reporter, Newswriter, KOMO-TV, Seattle, WA
- Forever New Orleans TV: Pilot “Symbols,” Episodes 1-12
- Daily television news voiceover promos from 1998-2010
- Estimated at least 5,000 voiceovers broadcast
- Principle cast member “Announcer,” 127 Hours, Director Danny Boyle (uncredited)
- Voiceover for Norweigan Cruise Line 30-second commercial, Jon Stevenson, producer
- Executive Producer, manager freelance staff of up to 65 workers.
- Scheduled, approved timecards and ordered payments to vendors.
- Managed budgets up to $1.2 million dollars
- Experience in working both in the private sector and the public (government) sector and understand differing ways to get the job done.
- Hosted Denim Day Rally in Los Angeles in front of thousands of people for the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women
- Emmy presenter, Hollywood, FL, Suncoast Regional Emmys
- Red Cross, Long Beach Chapter, Emcee for Hometown Heroes Award Ceremony (2004)
- Red Cross, Long Beach Chapter, Hometown Heroes Luncheon (2005)
- UCLA Extension speaker on media in Los Angeles area
- Guest lecturer, University of La Verne, On covering Hurricane Katrina and other natural disasters
- Panelist for National Association of Hispanic Journalists on diversity in the newsroom.
- Suncoast Regional Emmy Award: ”Teens Killing Teens” WWL-TV, New Orleans
- Red Cross Award for Saving A Human Life, Mid-South Chapter
- D.A.R.E. Volunteer, Memphis City Schools (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Named one of Utah’s “Finest Under 40″ by the Utah Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Winner of the Spirit Award for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Board Member, Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women
- Emcee, Los Angeles Denim Day rally
- Emcee for Gourmet Gala fundraiser for the Utah Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Award, “Best New Media Personality,” City Weekly magazine
- Award, “Best Color Coordination,” for on-air talent, City Weekly magazine.
- Named one of the “People to Watch,” New Orleans Magazine
EPISODIC PRODUCING & WRITING:
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode One, “Ages 3 & Up”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Two, “Guys & Dolls” GUEST HOST: John Besh
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Three, “Streetcar Named Desire”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Four, “Back In Time”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Five, “Voluntourism”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Six, “Sportsman’s Paradise”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Seven, “La Nouvelle Orleans”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Eight, “Sugar & Spice” GUEST: Paul Prodhomme
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Nine, “Arts In Motion”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Ten, “Generations”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Eleven, “If It Crawls, You Can Eat It!”
- Forever New Orleans TV: Episode Twelve, “Music in the Air”
- B.A. Communications, Edward R. Murrow School of Communication. Emphasis on Broadcast Journalism
- Georgetown University, Washington D.C, Economics and Ethics study