My friend Kimberlee made mention of something on Facebook the other day that made me laugh out loud. It was from the days, long ago, when we were cheerleaders in high school – the ridiculous nylons we had to wear with our cheer uniforms. They were “suntan” colored and boy, in Seattle, let’s just say we stuck out.
So for all of you former Lynnwood High School folks, here is a list that only you will get. Also – when you get the chance, see my blog on Flirting With 40. This is also applicable to our lives back then.
You might have gone to Lynnwood High School if you:
- Ever referred to your school as the “one with the mall.”
- Used Sun In to add highlights to your hair, then, when you realized there was no sun, used the hairdryer instead.
- Was shocked to hear Mrs. Nixon wore a dress one day (for the first time in 20 years)
- Knew what our mascot was, but didn’t know how to say it, spell it, or describe it.
- Realize now that Bobby and Rose were the old-school “Ross and Rachel”
- Totally understood why the local media referred to Lynnwood as “Land of the Big Hair.”
- Have ever “cruised” at Cinema 12.
- Couldn’t figure out why the Edmonds-Woodway kids thought they were better than us.
- Know what the Lynn Four was, and why it was rad.
- Owned Timberland boots or teal Reeboks
- Have ever worked at Saturdays, Potato Plus or any other mall job.
- Had a “wave” cut into the side of your hair
- Now this one goes back to Alderwood Middle – but you referred to the vice principal as the “Guy with the pepperoni.”
- You know what the Green Pea was and why it was awesome!
If you have anything to add to this - send me a message on my Facebook page or through this website and I'll make sure to credit you! Also, if you have pictures, I'd love to see 'em.